Professor631- 687-2685Mondays, 1:00 - 3:00
Tuesdays, 1:00 – 2:00
and by appointment
The Moms and Babies program at the minimum-security prison allows some incarcerated women who give birth in custody to keep their newborn infants with them while they serve their sentences. Read the article here.
Research suggest that individuals are more regretful about not becoming the person they wanted to be rather than not becoming the person they were expected to be. Read the article.
May have part-time jobs. Great for Human Resources and other applied psychology fields.
Registration Required: please register by clicking here.
Hiring ALL Majors.
5-7:30 p.m. – McGann Conference Center
The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at the University of Delaware is hosting a visit day on September 14, 2018 for historically under-represented students who are interested in graduate training in behavioral neuroscience, clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, or social psychology. We welcome rising seniors and recent graduates to apply by completing an online application (see attached call for applications). Successful applicants will receive an all-expense paid trip to our campus in Newark, DE where they will learn about the Ph.D. programs at the University of Delaware, meet with faculty mentors and graduate students, and attend professional development talks. The application is open now and will close June 15. We would appreciate your help in spreading the word to students who may be interested.
The visit day will include:
• Presentations on selecting a graduate program, applying to graduate school, graduate funding opportunities, mentoring, and student life
• Individual and small group meetings with program faculty members and graduate students to discuss students’ research interests
• Research presentations and lab meetings
• A campus tour
• Social events and networking with current graduate students and faculty members
To apply: complete an online application by 06/15: https://delaware.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgpIarLiajdL5JP
The application requests:
• Unofficial transcript (may be uploaded directly to the onlineapplication)
• CV (may be uploaded directly to the onlineapplication)
• Student responses to questions about demographic factors and educational and career
• Optional: Letter of support (may be uploaded directly to the onlineapplication)
Questions? Email: Ctecc@psych.udel.edu
Aaron O. Manier We have a candidate for a teaching position who will be doing a talk on Developing the Mindfulness at Work (MaW) Scale. Wednesday, May 2 at 1:00
Room W 308 O’Connor Hall
Room W304! Get involved! Club organization and fall planning on the agenda!
Starbucks Won’t Have Any Idea Whether Its Diversity Training Works via The Washington Post
Psychologists Hakeem Jefferson and Neil Lewis, Jr highlight the need to for social scientists (i.e., psychologists) trained in research methods to evaluate whether the diversity programs are actually effective.